This plan is a high benefit international private medical insurance plan designed for Channel Islands residents and businesses. Among the benefits it can cover are:
* Medical treatment throughout Europe at an unlimited selection of hospitals and clinics.
* All costs of emergency evacuation to another Channel Island, the UK or France if adequate treatment cannot be provided locally.
* Up to £1,500 for non-emergency treatment on another Channel Island.
* Full refund of all in-patient and daycare treatment costs, out-patient consultations, treatment and tests, up to plan limits.
* ‘Generous’ cover for cancer care and maintenance of chronic medical conditions (with a lifetime limit of £50,000 for the latter).
* Cover for insured dependants to accompany a member on an emergency medical evacuation.
* Inclusive travel and accommodation for a parent to accompany a child.
* Free cover for second, third and fourth children under the age of 18.
* 24/7 security advice provided by crisis management specialists red24.
* 24/7 medical assistance helpline.
The plan has an overall annual limit of £1m. Out-patient psychiatric cover is limited to £1,000 and that only after 12 months. Complementary benefits are limited to 10 sessions a year. The lifetime limit for terminal illness treatment is £50,000. Hospital cash benefit is £150 a night, up to £3,000 a year.
Up to four optional benefits can be added:
* Dental and optical benefits. Initial waiting periods can apply.
* Maternity plan. Provides up to £1m cover.
* Worldwide travel plan. Provides up to £2m cover.
* Personal accident plan. Pays up to £250,000.
Individual plans can be underwritten on a 24-month rolling moratorium, full medical underwriting or switch basis. There is no excess payable on claims.
What They Say
Country manager, UK & Europe, Linda Connett, said: “High quality private medical insurance is essential for all Channel Islands residents. When we designed Channel Islands UltraCare we asked local brokers about the benefits their clients need. That’s why our plan has one of the most generous levels of cover for travel to receive emergency and elective treatment on the Channel Islands or mainland.”
What We Say
"This plan is aimed at quite a small market (Channel Islands residents) but it illustrates how iPMI providers are now offering bespoke solutions for many markets. That makes sense, as what suits someone living in country A may not suit a resident of country B, even if they are in a similar geographic area.
"As such, the plan includes the benefits a Channel Islands resident may wish, with the emphasis generally on having more rather than less cover. The four optional covers allow cover to be tailored to particular needs too. So, if you have clients in the Channel Islands, this plan could be just what they are looking for. There are, however, some cover limits to be aware of. We also find it slightly odd (although understandable) that the plan’s maximum benefit is £1m, whereas the optional travel insurance has a maximum benefit of twice that."