Benenden has added a new cash plan product tailored towards the employee benefits market to its product portfolio. Benenden says this completes its three stage approach to helping employers tackle absenteeism, increase productivity, and improve health and wellbeing in the workplace. The three prong approach is branded Benenden Healthcare for Business.
At the first stage, supporting the idea of proactive action before health issues occur, is the existing ‘Health Assessments for Business’ – designed to help employees understand their current health and identify health risks before they become serious.
The second element is the also previously established ‘Healthcare for Business’ product, which gives employees access to private consultations and treatment. Offered on a discretionary basis, all requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis to ensure those members that need it most are supported. The plan also provides immediate access to 24/7 GP and psychological wellbeing helplines as well as online GP e-consultations, which means employees can talk with a GP without needing to take time off work.
Completing the trio, and supporting the health of employees after issues occur, the new ‘Cash Plan for Business’ product offers low cost (from £1 per week per member) and a choice of five cover levels.
The plan covers:
* Optical: 100% reimbursement (on Level 1 an optical voucher rather than cash can be chosen). Maximum annual benefit ranges from £52.50 to £300 a year.
* Dental: 100% reimbursement from £50-£300 a year.
* Dental trauma: 100% reimbursement (£100-£500 max).
* Therapies: 100% reimbursement. Including physiotherapy; osteopathy; chiropractic; homeopathy; reflexology, and acupuncture £125-£450).
* Chiropody: 50% reimbursement (£50-£250).
* Hearing aids: 50% reimbursement (£200-£600).
* Hospital in-patient. Cash amount per night (£10-£40) up to 30 nights a year.
* Hospital day case. Up to six days a year (£10-£40 per day).
* New child/adoption benefit (£75-£400).
* Prescriptions: 100% reimbursement (max £25 on all plans).
* Personal accident insurance (tiered benefits; max benefit £25K on all plans).
* Employee assistance programme. 24/7 helpline providing counselling, medical and legal advice.
* The plan does not cover diagnostics, as this is covered under the main product, but it may be possible to add it on request.
* The plan is available from age 16 and some benefits are not available to those aged 75 or over when the policy starts. There is an initial two year waiting limit for hospital treatment for pre-existing conditions. Exclusions are fairly standard.
What They Say
Commercial director Helen Smith said: "We believe in providing simple solutions that employers can consider offering as part of a holistic healthcare package for their employees. Our three stage approach offers a solution before health issues occur, when they occur and after they occur.
"On-site health assessments provide employees with personalised health reports and action plans with minimal disruption to the working day. Meanwhile, our healthcare product offers discretionary healthcare at a fraction of the cost of comprehensive private medical insurance.
"Finally, our new cash plan provides employees with an additional benefit option that helps to make their employee’s salaries go further with money back on routine healthcare costs.
"Our service range is designed to be suitable for any employer that wants to introduce an employee health benefit, take action to help reduce absenteeism and get staff back to work quicker, no matter what their business size or budget."
What We Say
"Benenden has created a very useful three stage package that allows employers to assess employees’ health, provide treatment for them and now, provide health cash plan benefits too.
"The new plan includes fairly standard benefits and offers a choice of five cover levels. Claims are usually paid within two days, Benenden says. This is a competitive sector, so employers will choose this plan if they like the Benenden approach and if the benefits are competitive. The fact that cover is provided by BHSF some may see as a further advantage, as BHSF is a bigger brand and a major player in health cash plans."