Globality Health has introduced a new international private medical insurance plan for individuals, which replaces its existing YouGenio product. The new plan offers four different cover levels and a key element of the proposition is a new lowest cost version, which is called Essential.
The Essential entry level plan offers the following maximum annual benefits:
– The overall maximum annual benefit is €2m (or $2.6m or £1.68m). Customers can choose one of three currency options.
– In-patient treatment, except for maternity-related and newborn care.
– Cancer treatment is covered, as are bone marrow and organ transplants (up to €100,000).
– Out-patient treatment is generally excluded, except for cancer and up to €3,000 for post in-patient critical illness treatment.
– Travel to A&E (emergency room).
– Congenital conditions are covered up to €150,000.
– Medical evacuation and repatriation plus return of mortal remains. Medical assistance support is also included in the plan.
– Cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
– Guaranteed lifetime renewability.
– No minimum or maximum age restrictions.
– Two pricing areas – worldwide, with or without USA cover.
The three other versions of the plan are called Classic, Plus and Top and they offer increasingly more cover. Top offers benefits up to €7.5m a year and also funds dental treatment, over-the-counter drugs, full out-patient cover and additional assistance benefits.
In general all plans offer:
– In-patient and out-patient cancer cover and for organ transplants.
– Cover for pre-existing conditions.
– No minimum or maximum ages.
– Guaranteed renewability.
– Improved assistance benefits.
– Cover for over the counter drugs on Classic, Plus and Top plans.
– Direct access to the worldwide Globalities service network.
What They Say
Head of marketing and product development, Axel Baumann, said: “In 12 months the product development team has created a product that specifically fits the unique needs of expatriates, with focus on a perfect balance between quality and price. Striving to maintain stable premiums in the future, all plans are regionally priced to ensure that premiums are relative to local costs of treatment. Our products are backed up by a global network of service centres providing expert local knowledge to help customers when they claim.”
What We Say
"By adding a new lower cost entry version, Globality has opened up its YouGenio plan to an even wider market. Essentials still offers good benefits, although not as many as the more higher priced plans. And although most out-patient treatment is excluded on Essentials, it does still cover cancer treatment, which will be important for many people."