Benni is a standalone workplace benefits service from Unum, that enables employers to provide all staff with access to a range of benefits alongside existing employer paid options.
Available either direct or white labelled, Unum says Benni enables employers to make their employees feel more valued as well as attract and retain the best people by providing them with access to a portfolio of benefits including cash plan, dental cover, critical illness cover, life insurance and discount vouchers.
Benni’s support team communicates with employees about the benefit offering, educates them on how it works, and helps them sign up and buy benefits. The three stage process is:
1) The employer chooses those benefits to offer from a portfolio of product options. Employers can make them available to all their staff and can integrate with existing schemes too.
2) A tailored communication and engagement plan is set up for each employer, complemented with onsite one-to-one support for employees during the benefit window from specialists so Benni can:
* Proactively communicate.
* Educate – helping employees understand how benefits work and how to make their benefit choices.
* Enrol/sign up – ensuring employees actively engage and choose the benefits they need and want.
Employees can review and select benefits on their mobile, tablet or desktop, and access the details 24/7.
3) The employer administers their benefits on Benni’s digital platform. The employer will update which employees leave and join and also gets access to MI around the benefits their staff choose.
Advisers can choose whether to take commission.
What They Say
CEO Peter O’Donnell said: "As the UK workforce becomes increasingly flexible and diverse, a one size fits all approach to benefits is no longer an option. Intermediaries can help businesses future-proof their benefits approach, extending their range and appeal to work effectively across the broadest range of incomes, ages and lifestyles while maximising value.
"Benni gives intermediaries an opportunity to provide a broader range of solutions to existing clients and attract businesses that in the past would have seen employer paid options as not available."
What We Say"Employees like choice and Benni enables employers to offer their employees a range of benefits they pay for themselves, alongside employer-paid benefits they may get too. That could help recruitment and retention, while, importantly, admin has been kept to a minimum too.
"For brokers and advisers, this may take many into unfamiliar territory, but that could reap rewards too. They will have to decide whether to take commission (or charge a fee) and there will inevitably be a learning curve, but Benni could encourage more employers to maximise what they pay for too, so products such as group IP and PMI could benefit as well."