Aviva has introduced a number of changes and improvements to its existing International Solutions international private medical insurance plans, which are available to individuals or to groups. These include:
- Customers now get access to StandbyMD, an exclusive arrangement giving access to a physician offering medical support and advice at any time of the day or night. Telephone access is 24/7, while a face-to-face consultation or home visit can be arranged within two hours (or one hour in the US).
- A new US network has been added. This is managed by Olympus Managed Healthcare, which handles over 125,000 claims a year.
- The overall benefit limit has been raised from £1.5m to £5m (or alternative currency equivalent of €5.5m or $7.5m).
- Newborn lifetime cover of £20,000 for 112 days has been increased to £100,000 for 112 days.
- The routine chronic cover annual benefit limit has been increased from £7,500 to £15,000.
- The medical practitioner annual limit has been raised from £1,500 to £2,500.
- The drugs and dressings limit has increased from £500 to £1,500.
- There is now an option to remove the mandatory per claim excess on individual policies.
- Optional maternity benefit has been increased from £7,500 to £10,000.
- Under the reduced outpatient option, the annual limit has been increased from £1,000 to £2,500.
- A new repatriation benefit has been introduced on the compassionate travel option.
- Dental and optical benefits have been increased, as have out-patient options.
- Exclusions have been made clearer, with new exclusions added (e.g. professional sports).
The plan offers a choice of sterling, US $ or € denominations and a range of excess options. On top of the core cover the plan provides, clients can choose to add benefits and/or reduce cover/cost to tailor the plan to their needs and budget.
What They Say
International business lead Teresa Rogers said: “We’ve enhanced the benefits and support that our customers tell us are most important to them. This not only includes increasing monetary limits, but also adding expert support services such as StandbyMD to further improve the peace of mind our customers receive from their policy.”
What We Say
"Aviva has looked hard at its international plans and included a whole raft of improvements. We especially like the Standby MD service, which offers quick access (by phone and/or face-to-face) to a doctor and could be invaluable to many clients.
"The plan itself, like many other international PMI plans, offers a good range of options and wider cover than is available under UK-only PMI plans."